- Unique Design: Our unique patented valve is the heart of the system and is unlike any other on the market. It generates 20 times the shutoff force of a float-based battery filling system. More power means fewer problems!
- Very Fast Operation: All cells in an average industrial truck battery can be filled, with precise level control, in 15 seconds!
- Safe: Prevents direct contact with electrolyte while filling.
- Compact: A low profile minimizes interference with battery cables.
- Rugged: Tough enough to survive impacts, abuse and extremes of battery temperatures. There are no exposed parts to break off even when an Injector is removed from a cell.
- One Size Fits All Design: All cells filled to the appropriate level. No guesswork is involved about what to order.
- No-Freeze Tubing: Surplus water drains from the tubing into cells after filling is complete. This makes the system perfect for use in cold storage facilities and other freezing environments.
- Convenience Filling Allowed: The system has the unique ability to be used to fill a battery regardless of the state of charge. In conventional charging applications, it is precise enough to allow filling before or after charge. For rapid or opportunity charge applications, watering should only be done after the weekly equalization charge.
- Exclusive Reconditioning Service: Water Injectors are so tough they can be reconditioned regardless of their age. Reconditioned Injectors are cleaned, inspected and installed on brand new tubing for reuse. This is environmentally conscious and means even more savings for our customers.
- 5 Year Warranty: Philadelphia Scientific warrants the Water Injector System against defects in materials and workmanship for five years from the date of sale.
How Water Injectors Work
Inside each Water Injector is a precision level-sensing valve enclosed in a strong protective housing. When the electrolyte level rises to reach the tip of the Injector, the valve shuts off instantly. There are no exposed parts to stick or break, and individual Injectors are strong enough to survive the abuse of tough applications for many years of use.
There are no floats of any kind involved because this is not a hydrostatic system. It is a hydrodynamic system powered by the incoming pressurized water. One great benefit of this approach is that an injector's actuating (shutoff) force is typically 20 times stronger than the buoyancy available with a float. This makes Injectors virtually immune to "sticking" due to gummy residues in the cells. It is what gives them their legendary reliability.
The other enormous benefit of pressurized water is that it produces fast filling, resulting in productivity gains and cost savings. A short, 15-second fill cycle saves money and raises operator confidence because they can be present and attentive during the entire filling operation. Just-In-Time battery watering can also be accomplished due to the speed of the system. Batteries that need water can be watered as they are removed from the rack and before they are put into the truck, eliminating waste and saving money. That is not possible with systems that take minutes to fill.
The Water Injector System must be supplied with adequate water pressure to achieve its superior speed and reliability. However, this is not a complex requirement to meet especially when using one of our convenient water supplies.
There are two versions of the Water Injector System available:
- The Water Injector Classic System™ - which offers fast installation.
- The Water Injector Spider System™ - which offers excellent flexibility and a very low profile.
US & International Patents Apply