The lowest cost electrolyte-level indicator available anywhere.
This is the original watering monitor that revolutionized the checking of electrolyte levels in industrial batteries. The new and improved BasicBlinky™ is twice as bright as the previous model and features a redesigned body to house the indicator LED. The new body has a lower profile and is more robust, making it more resistant to damage. The BasicBlinky™ battery watering monitor is the low-cost solution for accurate electrolyte monitoring and is now even better because of the following new features and benefits:
- Much brighter LED light, making it much more visible.
- New installation forgiveness zone, reducing the potential for damaging monitors during installation and providing a far wider voltage operating range.
- Even stronger design, ensuring reliable, long-lasting performance.
The BasicBlinky™ battery watering monitor is our entry level, low cost solution for electrolyte monitoring. For more advanced options please refer to the SmartBlinky and SmartBlinky Remote sections of our website.
This patented device blinks green when the electrolyte is OK, and goes out when the level is low – below the tip of the probe. The operator can see that the battery needs water even from the other side of a dark battery room. Better still, you can see when the battery is OK, and doesn’t need water, so you don't waste time checking batteries that don’t need checking. The flashing green BasicBlinky™ light says, “leave me alone”, and prevents overfilling of batteries with water, which often happens when an operator fills all the batteries at one time - without checking individual batteries for levels.
The BasicBlinky™ has a patented circuit that prevents false indication due to leakage paths and tracking on a dirty or wet battery. It has a legendary reputation for reliability and now features an even stronger body.
- Easy to see and to use: A bright flashing green LED means the electrolyte level is OK; no light means it is time to water the cells.
- Protects your battery investment: The BasicBlinky™ helps protect against battery dry-out, a major failure mode for industrial batteries.
- Installation Forgiveness: This new feature provides for more tolerance of installation errors, reducing the risk of damaging the monitors during installation. If the unit is installed incorrectly within the forgiveness zone the LED will not come on but the unit is not permanently damaged and can be corrected.
- Improves operator safety: There is no longer any need for maintenance staff to peer into vent wells to check levels.
- Fits almost all batteries: Blinky monitors are available with many standard probe lengths, and can also be easily trimmed to any custom length.
- Engineered to be even tougher: The new streamlined BasicBlinky™ body is now even stronger and built to withstand the harsh environment of industrial battery applications. Its materials are resistant to corrosion and its low profile protects it against damage from battery cables and other hazards. It is designed to last for the life of the battery.
- Inexpensive and cost-effective: Over a battery's lifetime, the BasicBlinky™ saves a surprising amount of time – or labor cost - and delivers a rapid return on investment. The cost of a single BasicBlinky™ is a very small addition to the purchase price of an industrial battery; but it allows watering on a labor-saving "as-needed" basis instead of a “hit or miss schedule” basis. This is even more important with batteries that require less frequent water additions.
- Battery friendly probe: The probe is lead so there is never a fear of poisoning the lead-acid battery into which it is placed.
- UL Classified: The BasicBlinky™ battery watering monitor is UL Classified so that you can be assured of its safety.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: The BasicBlinky™ is covered by a one-year limited warranty.
System Exposure Temperature: -20° to 160°F (-29° to 71°C)
Operating Voltage: 4.0 VDC Nominal
Forgiveness Zone: 8.0 to 14.0 VDC
Permanent Failure: 16.0 VDC or greater
Nominal Current: 27.0mA
Reverse Voltage Protection: Yes
Flame Retardent: Yes UL V-0
Fuses - M10 and M4: 1 x board
Fuses - FlexiTap: 1 x board, 1 x FlexiTap
Warranty: 1 Year
UL Certified: Yes
Weight: 1.0 oz (28.1 g)
Part Number: ACC-BWM3-B (Bolted), ACC-BWM3-S (Screw), ACC-BWM3-Q (FlexiTap)
I've installed the BasicBlinky over 12V, what should I do?
The BasicBlinky has a forgiveness zone of up to 14.0v and hibernates if it is installed over the correct operating voltage. Simply re-install it over the correct voltage.