Let your battery tell you when it needs water!
The SmartBlinky™ battery watering monitor is ideal for batteries where the top of the battery can be seen. The SmartBlinky’s Super Bright LED is eight times brighter than the previous model, providing a much clearer indication that the battery requires watering. The LED is integrated onto the probe body in a single piece that sits directly on the battery. This is the value model in the Blinky family of battery watering monitors.
Works on all industrial lead acid batteries, including 6 and 12-volt golf and block batteries!
The SmartBlinky™ monitor features patented Smart Sensing Technology, which eliminates false indications and prevents unnecessary watering. The bright green (water level OK) and red (water needed) lights provide a much clearer indication that the battery requires watering.
- Easy to see and use: The brightest LED in the industry means that a SmartBlinky™ is as easy to see as it is to understand: Calm, bright green flash pattern means the water level is OK; Frenetic, bright red flash pattern means water is needed.
- Patented Smart Sensing Technology: The SmartBlinky™ is programmed to confirm that the electrolyte level is truly below the probe tip before it changes color from Green to Red. The probe must be out of the electrolyte for 24 hours before the color changes from Green to Red. This eliminates false indication, maximizes watering intervals to prevent unnecessary watering and minimizes costly boilovers.
- Installation Forgiveness: This new feature provides more tolerance of installation errors, reducing the risk of damaging the monitors during installation. If the unit is installed incorrectly within the forgiveness zone, the LED will not come on, but the unit is not permanently damaged and can be corrected.
- Improves operator safety: Maintenance staff no longer needs to peer into vent wells to check levels. The very bright LEDs ensure that SmartBlinky™ monitors are visible.
- Multiple Fuses: All SmartBlinky™ battery watering monitors are supplied with a minimum of two fuses: one on the internal circuitry and one on a lead wire.
- UL Classified: All SmartBlinky™ battery watering monitors are UL Classified so that you can be assured of their safety.
- Protects your battery investment: The SmartBlinky™ helps protect against battery dry-out, a major failure mode for industrial batteries. Designed to work on all industrial lead acid batteries, including 6-volt and 12-volt bock and golf cart batteries.
- Engineered to be even tougher: The SmartBlinky™ battery watering monitor is built to withstand the harsh environment of industrial battery applications. All materials are resistant to corrosion, and the low profile design protects against damage from battery cables and other hazards. It is designed to last for the life of the battery.
- Battery friendly probe: The probe is lead, so there is never a fear of poisoning the lead acid battery into which it is placed.
- Inexpensive and cost-effective: Over a battery lifetime, a SmartBlinky™ battery watering monitor saves a surprising amount of time - or labor cost - and delivers a rapid return on investment. The cost of a single SmartBlinky™ battery watering monitor is a minimal addition to the purchase price of an industrial battery. Still, it allows watering on a labor-saving "as-needed" basis instead of a "hit-or-miss schedule" basis. This is even more important with batteries that require less frequent water additions.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: SmartBlinky™ battery watering monitors are covered by a one-year limited warranty.
System Exposure Temperature: -20° to 160°F (-29° to 71°C)
Operating Voltage: 4 to 12 VDC; 6 VDC Nominal
Forgiveness Zone: 14 to 16 VDC
Permanent Failure: 18 VDC or greater
Nominal Current: 12mA
Weight: 1.05 oz (29.7 g)
Indicator Cable Length: 2 Metres (ACC-SWM3-XR models only)
Product Number: ACC-SWM3
The Smart Blinky has a solid green light with no flashing, what does this mean?
A solid green LED on the Blinky is potentially indicating that the circuit has failed, we would suggest contacting your local Philadelphia Scientific distributor for further investigation.
I have installed my Smart Blinky but what do the LEDs mean?
Electrolyte level OK = long green flash
Fill Soon = 4 x Green, 1 x Red (After 8 seconds, for 24 hours)
Fill Now = 2 x Red (After 24 hours continuous level below the probe)
Battery Filled = short flash GREEN (After 8 seconds), long flash GREEN (After 30 seconds)
The Blinky is Flashing RED, then when I take it out, it doesn't flash at all. Why is this happening?
The most likely cause of this would be that the negative fuse has ruptured and once replaced should work, if you need any further information we would suggest contacting your local Philadelphia Scientific distributor.