iBOS Plus Controller
The value position iBOS® controller is capable of managing up to 100 chargers in up to 9 battery pools. This controller is designed for mid-size battery rooms that have single level battery racks. With a subscription, it allows connection to the iBOSWorld Web Service via the Internet for up to five years of management reporting and fleet right-sizing information.
- Manages up to 100 chargers and up to 9 battery pools. A pool is a group of the same battery/truck type.
- Easy to use “read and react” system.
- Built-in color touch screen and bright blue pick lights on each charger tell operators the correct battery to pick next.
- Built-in shouter alarm alerts the operator, with a loud alarm, when the wrong battery has been selected.
- Summary statistics on good and bad battery selections and a graph of battery availability for the past seven days can be viewed on the touch screen.
Dimensions: 14.5"H x 14"W x 5" D (36.83 cm H x 35.56 cm W x 12.7 cm D)
Weight: 13.6 lbs. (6.17 Kg.)
Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz
Power Usage: 1.3 Amp (max)
Power cord length: 6 Ft (1.82 m)
System Diagram with Peripherals
Can the iBOS detect a bad battery?
Yes, the iBOS system generally serves as a quality control device to give out batteries that are fully charged and cooled down the longest. When a battery is connected to the charger, the iBOS records the connect voltage of that battery with the date/time stamp of the connect event.
The iBOS system tracks the voltage profile of the charge cycle through the charging process. If the battery fails to achieve the correct voltage level within the next 24 hrs, the battery is considered a charger fail (Charger No Start on the batterymanagement.net or ibosworld.com website) and is put into Quarantine and the operator is notified through the iBOS control panel screen.